 We'd like to get to work on this issue of the Inkshed Newsletter; if you've been working on something in response to this call for papers, we'd love to read it. If that work has been mostly in your head to date, we would appreciate it if you might find time in the next week or two to write it down and send it to us.

I can only hope that I have not committed my usual assortment of spelling mistakes that would fill my in-box (do hyphens constitute spelling mistakes?).

Roger Graves

Looking forward to a full inbox,

Roger Graves
Professor, English and Film Studies
Director of Writing Across the Curriculum
University of AlbertaYour message "Roger Graves" <[log in to unmask]>:

> WH(I)THER INKSHED?
>
> As the Inkshed conference and academic organization, the Canadian Association for the Study of Langauge and Learning (CASLL), marks its 25th year, we would like to invite members-- past and present, new and notorious, casual and committed-- to reflect on where Inkshed has been and where it could go. We'll accept multi-genre submissions, short reflections, opinion/editorials, and longer, more formally worked out essays. September 1 is the deadline for submission. Please email submissions to [log in to unmask][1] or [log in to unmask][2].
>
> What sparks this theme? Attendance at the conference this past year
> marked a new low--around 20 people--despite the increased number of
> people working in what might be loosely called "writing studies" in
> Canada. Possible jumping off points for your submissions:
>
>   * What accounts for this drop in attendance?
>   * How should Inkshed, as an organization, respond? Initial ideas
> include scheduling the conference next year in Ottawa just before the
> Canadian Association for the Study of Discourse and Writing (formerly
> theCanadian Association for the Teaching of Technical Writing).
>   * Should Inkshed, the conference, become more closely focused as a
> "working" conference--working, as in scholars do "work" at the
> conference and/or working in the sense of toward some goal (a
> document, a statement)?
>   * Should CASLL revise its governing structure to work more effectively?
>   * How should Inkshed market its "brand" within the increasingly
> competitive academic writing associations within Canada (CASDW,
> Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric, Canadian Writing Centres
> Association)?
>
>   We look forward to reading your submissions.
>
> Roger Graves
> Professor, English and Film Studies
> Director of Writing Across the Curriculum
> University of Alberta
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:[log in to unmask]
> [2] mailto:[log in to unmask]

>    its newsletter, and the annual conference, go to
>              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/[1]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/