Hello everybody -

Last week, three years after my symptoms of pd appeared, I started on
Sinemet. (I'm 67.) I'm taking a half of a 100/25 pill 3 x a day, and
am supposed to go to a whole pill after a week, and to 1 1/2 pills
after two weeks. Four days later, my balance (postural instability)
was decidedly improved. The next day, I took a walk through rough
terrain in the woods across the road--something I hadn't done in two
years.

Questions:

1) Was this experience unusual? -- i.e. was it an unusually rapid response?

2) My neurologist, who specializes in movement disorders at a major
clinic, says patients who take fully ample doses of Sinement do
better and show fewer side effects down the road than patients who
take lower doses that are just high enough to control the symptoms.
Does this sound right?

3) My inclination would be to stay at the lowest dose for a few
months, which my primary neurologist says would be OK. I'm still
discussing this with both doctors. Any thoughts?

Thanks.