Muhammad Ali's biggest fight is against Parkinson's disease

By Anton Antonowicz In Denver, Colorado
30/08/2008<http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/30/>

These clenched fists of The Greatest once brought all contenders to their
knees.

Now former heavyweight champion of the world Muhammad Ali's hands grasp
others tightly for support as he arrives to see Barack Obama make history.

The boxer who used to float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, is locked in
the biggest fight of his life against Parkinson's disease. But despite his
debilitating condition, nothing would have stopped him watching his fellow
black American take a crucial step in his fight to become President of the
United States.

Dressed in a sharp black suit and red tie, frail Ali walked slowly to the
arena, carefully supported by two kind arms.

His take-any-punch jaw was slack, his Louisiana Lip soft and silent. But the
fire in Ali's eyes was as strong as ever. And on the 45th anniversary of
Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, the king of the ring strode
with pride into the auditorium - but this time to take a ringside seat to
history rather than making it himself.

Ali, 66, sat, watched and applauded as Obama accepted the Democratic Party
nomination for President in Denver, Colorado - with a barnstorming speech
that proved he too could be a knockout.

120

Ali's pulse before his first title fight, it was normally 54

Thanks Ray

Gonna share this with my folks!

love to you and Spike

tess