Please be aware of Joan Blessington Synder's "SHAKE, RATTLE &  ROLL", 7th
Annual Parkinson's Walk/Ice Cream Social held on Peoria Riverfront,  Sunday,
September 21st, 2008.  They will be honoring Brig and I will be  speaking.

Joan has been a blessing to the Parkinson's community for many years, I  am
thrilled to be able to attend and speak on Parkinson's and my husband's  battle
of 22 years with this disease.  As you all know, he was a  devoted advocate
and participant in many clinical studies at NIH and  Pennsylvania Hospital.  He
never gave up until the end when Parkinson's did  ravage his body and mind.
As a  final donation, he requested his  brain be donated to the University of
Miami for research.   He was our hero and we honored him at his memorial mass
with this  quote:

                "His  life was gentle; and the elements so mixed in him
                  that nature might stand up, and say to all the world,
                                      THIS WAS A MAN!"

   Shakespeare-"Julius Caesar"

Gerry Haines

Gerry Haines
Pennsylvania State Coordinator.
Parkinson's Action Network
"Do  something good for someone you least like today."
St. Anthony of Padua