Reade your letter, Ray, and AMEN to that!  I wish that medical personnel would quit diagnosing "movement disorder" and "parkinsonism" only to make fun of and cruelly cause pain and embarrassment to the patients.

My daughter had several drop attatcks, followed by a seizure, which resulted in her having to get pins put in her arm. Yes, the 20 year old.
Her hospital stay was absolute hell. They mocked her, called her names, treated her in a way that one would not treat an animal, and told her to look at the 18 metal staples holding her arm together and be more careful next time.  IF they had been treating her known dyskinesia I do not believe she would have sustained these horrible injuries. Not only did they cause her pain and humiliation, but they sent her home with the same movement disorder still untreated, and she has been denied disability/medicaid based upon the neurology remarks. Psych was called in and all he said was, "This looks like sinemet issure. I am not allowed to prescribe that." THEN he left. Did the neuro prescribe it? Heck no! At her follow up Margaret was fondled by the doctor and told that her mom would get in trouble for importing sinemet for her, if she told. Margaret did not tell, I could tell by her nausea and vomiting that something was wrong. I could tell how it took a couple hours to get her dressing changed, that something was amiss. I am not a doctor, but I am not retarted.

I have actually found people who are mentally challenged to ask better questions and show much more compassion than the Drs.

The medical community is not allowed to treat anyone the way they treat PWPs and epileptics!

How can we make it stop???!?!?

On a side note, click the links and see what we've been up to.

Angela Hamon
www.weaverbeavers.net
http://weaverbeaver.blogspot.com/