I was diagnosed with PD in March 1995 at the age  of 46. I have been a member of the listserv since 1997, but have not posted anything in many years. Below is a Letter to the Editor I had published in today's edition of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.

 Overturn modern Sabbath law

It was unlawful for Jesus to perform healing on the Sabbath due to the law of that time that was enacted in God's name to maintain order and privilege. Modern healers are prevented from doing their duties to the fullest extent because they don't have all the needed tools. Scientists can't provide them with these tools due to a modern-day version of the Sabbath law that was declared in God's name It is the federal restriction on funding for embryonic stem cell research declared by President Bush in 2001.
As Jesus grieved at the hardness of heart of the Pharisees (Mark 3:5), we who suffer from incurable diseases grieve at the hardness of heart of the members of Congress who twice failed to override a presidential veto of a bill that would have restored funding. In the upcoming election, we must support congressional candidates who are in favor of ending the federal restrictions. In the presidential race, Sen. John McCain has vacillated on this issue. Sen. Barack Obama has consistently supported ending the federal restriction on funding. He is the only choice for president.

-JOHN TESTA
IRONDEQUOIT