From: George Bousliman
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:17 PM
Subject: mistake

Dear Mayor,

Several years ago, I saw then Congressman (Senator?)  Mo Udall at the Denver airport in what appeared to be an  extreme state of inebriation.  I remember thinking at the time, "....what a clown.  You'd think he could kept his drunken appearances away from the public eye."  Years later I discovered the truth.  Udall wasn't drunk; he was displaying the classical synptoms of Parkinson's disease.

Only when was diagnosed with Parkinson's  myself did I realize the enormity of my misjudgment.  I'm reminded of a quote frolm Dean Koontz, as follows?

"Not one day in anyone's life, so her father taught, is an uneventful day,
no day without profound meaning, no matter how dull and boring it might
seem, no matter whether you are a seamstress or a queen, a shoeshine boy or
a movie star, a renowned philosopher or a Down's-syndrome child.

Because in every day of your life, there are opportunities to perform little kindnesses
for others, both by conscious acts of will and unconscious example.

Each smallest act of kindness--even just words of hope when they are needed,
the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a
smile--reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting
lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good
echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a
simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

Likewise, each small meanness, each thoughtless expression of hatred, each
envious and bitter act, regardless of how petty, can inspire others, and is
therefore the seed that ultimately produces evil fruit, poisoning people
whom you have never met and never will.

All human lives are so profoundly and intricately entwined--those dead, those living, those generations yet to
come--that the fate of all is the fate of each, and the hope of humanity
rests in every heart and in every pair of hands."

 - Dean Koontz: From the Corner of His Eye, page 561.

The ripple effect of my misjudgement will go on forever.  As a society, we can only hope that fewer misguided stones are cast in the future.

Sincerely,

George L.Bousliman

673 South Montana Ave.

Helena, Mt 59601