On Sep 22, 2008, at 4:05 PM, rayilynlee wrote:

> Our mission is to disseminate information about Parkinson's disease
> and its possible cure.
>
> About 3-4 years ago, after Murray Charters died, Diane Wyshak
> approached me with the request that I post the articles she finds on
> PD research and general information on PIEN.  She picked me because
> I'm not afraid to say what I think and she would rather play a
> behind the scenes supportive role.
>
> Since that time she has worked tirelessly despite great pain,  to
> provide  me with hundreds of articles daily to peruse, select, plain-
> text and post.  Diane not only has Parkinson's disease, but advanced
> stage cancer which involves many surgeries.
>
> She provides me with lots of political info you never see,  but
> embryonic stem research and science in general have become
> inextricably interwoven with politics in the past  8 years.  I do
> not intend to eliminate them from my posts to please a few people.
> The fates of millions of people who suffer from disease and
> disability are directly related to the actions our political leaders
> take.   To excuse them or be ignorant of their positions is not
> acceptable to me.
>
> I am an ovarian cancer survivor who has had Parkinson's disease over
> 12 years.  Spike, my dog , is my caregiver, and we would appreciate
> your support.
>
> Ray
>
> Rayilyn Brown
> Director AZNPF

Ray,

Posts like the one below do not yield credit for you or the
Information Exchange.

It makes me wonder if the judgement made by Diane Wyshak really should
value the fact that you're "...  not afraid to say what I think ..."
Are you really  thinking or are you just incredibly bitter?

While I appreciate the service you provide in forwarding articles, in
some of your commentary (like the one below) you come across as just
as much a knuckle dragger as you would paint the opposition.

I believe your genuine and generous service to the community is
seriously compromised by the way you represent your opinions.

... Jim

Source:  Star Tribune, Minnesota Netlets for Thursday, Sept. 18
Last update: September 18, 2008 - 3:36 PM

Contempt for science has threatening implications

The massive Hadron Collider in Europe ("The nature of the universe,"
Sept. 11) is another obvious example that the United States is no
longer No. 1 in science.

Under the Bush administration, our best scientists have been leaving
in droves to other countries for better opportunities due to the
politicization of issues ranging from embryonic stem cell research to
climate change. This should come as no surprise to Republicans given
their gleeful cheers for John McCain's new fundamentalist V.P.
candidate.

Why would religious zealots fund scientific research, anyway? Why
should we strive to understand the universe we live in when God can
easily be inserted where all the knowledge gaps are? Sarah Palin and
her ilk are also quick to reject the overwhelming scientific evidence
of global warming and its consequences; after all, we're living in the
end times, right?

This contempt for science threatens both our country's economic future
and the world that our children will inherit from us.

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF