My neurologists in Sydney have also told me that a brace would not
stop my foot from twisting. After a few  falls recently, my latest
neurologist has started me on Amantadine (Symmetrell) in addition to
my Stalevo tablets. It's only been a few days but the addition of this
old drug does seem to be helping. I have tried walking without my
walking stick today and i was stable enough.My dystonia was triggered
by my dyskinesia apparently and controlling the dyskinesia seems to
have helped.

I was interested to hear about the brace as well as before this
current treatment, my podiatrist had suggested surgery to correct the
muscles -a bit extreme I thought.

Yesterday, I watched Michael Moore's movie " Sicko" about the US
health insurance companies.  In Australia, we also have universal free
health care (like the UK,Cuba, France and Norway) and am grateful to
our system here.  To those of you in the US, whomever you decide to
vote for in your US election,  you really need to ensure that sick
people like us are looked after by your government and no one is
denied care because they can't afford it.

Regards

Sandra