Hello,

My Dad has had PD for about 13 years and recently was diagnosed as possibly
having Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (NPH), commonly known as "water on the
brain".    I know that sometimes people with NPH are *misdiagnosed* as
having PD; but given that my dad was diagnosed so long ago and has had MRIs
during this period that do not show NPH, we do not think this is a
misdiagnosis.  Rather it seems to be in addition to his PD.

My question for the group is:Â Â  (1) has anyone out there also had both PD and
NPH?    and (2) if so, did you have the surgery to place a shunt in the
brain to help drain the excess fluid?   I'm interested in hearing about all
experiences.  If you want to respond to me offlist, I'm glad to compile the

Thanks so much.  I've found this listserv to be a valuable source of
information; thanks to Diane and Ray and everyone else who shares articles
and personal knowledge!

Paula Jayne, MPH
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Women's Studies