As promised, here is the description of the brace I wore which helped me
beat my dystonia. I was not yet on any PD meds when I did this.

http://www.darcointernational.com/ankle/i_pages/abo.html

I wore this brace all day (every waking moment) every day for 2 weeks.
The description says it prevents inversion and eversion. I had severe,
constant, painful inversion of the ankle and foot, so much so that my
right foot began to deform in shape. I started to develop a painful
bunion on that foot.

I wore the brace with cushiony socks in lace-up highly-cushioned
sneakers. (I think good support for your foot while wearing the brace is
key.) The solid plastic sides of the brace rest inside the shoe on both
sides of the ankle. The part that joins them (under your foot) is a thin
strap that you get used to and forget is there. The bunion formation
stopped when the dystonia ceased.

I don't know that this brace is any better than any of the dozens of
other brace designs out there or whether it will work for anyone else,
but I wish you all the best of luck!

One more thing: after using the brace I got orthotics to wear inside my
sneakers, made by an expert orthotist at NIH. I believe his orthotic is
also a part of the solution I achieved. It has a bump under the ball of
the foot which forces the toes to spread out. This design apparently
enhances balance control and discourages dystonia in the foot. It took a
whole week (of pain) to get used to these devices, but I now wear the
orthotics (in sneakers) 98% of the time I am awake.

And, I now also take Stalevo 50, 3 per day.

Dianne Cooperman