Hi Leslie,

We are providing 12 hours a week of drop-in tutoring in our library's
Information Commons. Our regular Writing Centre works on an appointment
basis. While we use the same handouts and key resources, there's little
instructor overlap because most of the drop-in hours are in the evening
and most of our instructors prefer not to work evenings. The drop-in
service has been funded by a Students' Union grant (3 terms) and by the
Library (1 term). As part of the SU grant, we also put on 68 writing
workshops in the Library last year.

On Oct. 20, we'll be meeting with the powers that be to explore whether
to have a small scale or larger scale writing support presence in the
new library under construction--so I too would love to hear about other
library / writing centre collaborations across Canada.

Cheers,
Jo-Anne Andre
U of Calgary