Hi Roger, and all

I would be totally on board with this idea for Inkshed. Could we add writing across the disciplines for those of us teaching writing in interdisciplinary programs?

shurli

Shurli Makmillen
Contemporary Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University (Brantford)
73 George Street
Brantford, ON.
CANADA   N3T 2V3

Phone: 519 756 8228 EXT 5737

>>> Roger Graves <[log in to unmask]> 07/10/2008 12:17 >>>
Margaret (and the list),

We're working on developing writing in the disciplines initiatives
here, too. That one-day conference at Wilfrid Laurier in August
suggests that the interest is broader than our two institutions, so
perhaps it might be the focus for a national conference, either as an
Inkshed, a traditional format with panels, or some other format
hitherto unimagined. I think some meeting at which we discussed/
learned about past work, such as at Laurentian, that preceded the SFU
project, along with other models currently being used and then put
together some work-in-progress plans for our own institutions might be
useful. Sort of seems like an Inkshed-like idea to me.

Roger

Roger Graves
Director, WAC and Acting Director, Centre for Writers
http://www.ualberta.ca/~graves1/index.htm

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/