From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of rayilynlee [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 11:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Joan's  Schuller letter re PD cure

Joan would like to hear your response

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF
----- Original Message -----
From: Joan Blessington Snyder
To: rayilynlee
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:07 PM
Subject: about rev. schullers cure

 i wanted to know what the listserv thinks about it.

Dear Sir:
I think you do an tremendous disservice to your parishioners and also to the
entire Parkinson's community by announcing from your pulpit that there is a
"cure" for Parkinson's Disease.

I think that the way you pronounced this news was steeped in innuendos and
secrecy: not naming the researcher, not saying which national PD foundation
was sent his "triple checked" paper and then not even being clear about when
he would appear on your show.

 Perhaps you do not understand just what is at stake here for a desperate
group of people who live with this damn disease daily-for you to actually
drop this type of verbal bombshell and then to not explain yourself is
unconscionable. It makes my life just that much harder as an advocate for
awareness and fundraiser for PD research.

Now that people have heard it from you, they will assume that this another
thing they can cross off their list of worrisome things to think about and
assume that all is well in that little corner of their world. If this man
really has made a breakthrough in his research, it will take many years for
his treatment to trickle down to the ranks of the patients like myself (dxed
for 18 yrs) . And people will still be getting this dreadful diagnosis
daily.

I don't know what you can do to repair the damage that your reckless
comments have already done...but I hope that you can resolve this situation
quickly.
Respectfully,

Joan Blessington Snyder