Hi,
   This is a message for all of you who are considering undergoing DBS. I have just spent three days in the John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford UK being assessed as to my suitability for a different type of DBS. Whereas traditional DBS targets the areas of the brain which affect tremor,( STN ) this alternative targets the area of the brain which affects "freezing" and falling over ( PPN ). Apparently only 20 of these procedures have been performed worldwide, 7 having been performed at the John Radcliffe, with a good success rate so far.
As my main problem at the moment is falling and freezing as well as tremor, the Neuroscience team at JR  have proposed that I have both procedures.which they hope to carry out sometime before next April
I will keep you informed.

Nigel Harland.