5 Myths on Our Sick Health Care System

By Shannon Brownlee and Ezekiel Emanuel
Sunday, November 23, 2008; Page B03

With Congress ready to spend $700 billion to prop up the U.S. economy,
enacting health-care reform may seem about as likely as the Dow hitting
10,000 again before the end of the year. But it may be more doable than you
think, provided we dispel a few myths about how health care works and how
much reform Americans are willing to stomach.

1. America has the best health care in the world.
2. Somebody else is paying for your health insurance.
3. We would save a lot if we could cut the administrative waste of private
insurance.
4. Health-care reform is going to cost a bundle.
5. Americans aren't ready for a major overhaul of the health-care system.

Read the content of each myth here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/20/AR2008112002420.html?hpid=opinionsbox1