The Parkinson's Action Network is our advocacy voice in D.C.  They have advocated for backing of Parkinson research funding at the Department of Defense by supporting $50 million for the Neurotoxin Exposure Treatment Research Program (NETRP), urged a yes vote on S. 5, the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act which Bush vetoed, and joined the Congressional Caucus on Parkinson's disease.

If you go to http://www.parkinsonaction.org you can find out what they are currently up to and sign up to get their "Action Alerts" which provide phone numbers, talking points, form letters, petitions, etc., which are easy to do if you want to add your voice to the cause.

President-elect Obama has promised to rescind many of Bush's executive orders.  Of interest to us is the ban he placed on stem cell lines for research  created AFTER August 9, 2001.  When the vetoed law of 2007 comes up again Democrats do not have that 60 vote filibuster-proof majority in the Senate and Republicans could block it again, so we need to be ready to act.

Many  of our List members already get PAN Action Alerts, but newbies may not know about it.

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF