The conversation eluded me.  What did anyone say about piano music?  I'm
interested because I'm a professional piano player.  Currently I'm
experiencing more and more difficulty at work (no, I don't consider playing
rock n roll on the piano "work").  Simply getting through everything that's
a part of doing a gig has become the necessary focus of my entire day.
Compared to the ton of stuff I handled daily in the past, well, the gig was
less than a third of it.  I simply don't have the energy to handle more.
Besides chronic fatigue, I'm also experiencing that my intentions in playing
sometimes don't make it all the way to my fingers by the time I need to
execute the figure I was intending.  Becoming more and more disabled, in
short.

Does anyone know about research involving the specialized skills that a
high-level musical artist must have, especially when affected by PD?  And
would any such study shed light on the things that happen to us as we go
through the years with our mutual friend?

Enjoy!

Rick McGirr