There are videos on youtube.com about this phenomenon. I cannnot recall the doctor's name, but there are studies about what happens inside the brain when music is played.
Rigidity, tremor, and bradykinesia appear to be temporarily reduced in patients with advanced parkinsonism.
The rythmic nature of the sound seems to help with repetitive motions but there is more to it than that.
I have seen my daughter use music also, when she cannot seem to move her legs, and within a fe minutes she will be shuffling or walking. . which is an improvement.