-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of George Bousliman
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 11:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: piano music

Ray - we have a lot in common. I also have great difficulty speaking; the
energy diminishes until there is no more sound.  When I was in high school
(more thana half century ago), I typed more than 80 words a minute.  Now,
I'd guess it's about 5 wpm.   When you say you can't sing, do you mean you
can't sing at all or that you're not quite ready to sing the national anthem

at a world series game?  While I'm not up to a national audience--and never
was--, I CAN sing.  Speech therapists tell me it's because I use a different

neural pathway in the  brain when I sing.

George