From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: DBS UPdate

It would be helpful if listmembers could compile a list of the medical
centers  that have a good track record for dBS surgery and screening -  by
country.
Also if you are planning to have the surgery done out of your local area,
what do you need to talk to your insurance company about? (especially those
who are enrolled in HMOs.) How can you verify thtat it will be covered
beforehand?
Linda

-- Black Charles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This is a typical result from a good team. many do not have as good a result
due to improper screening  and poor surgery. I cannot emphasize the need to
get to the best team you can access! There are about  20 qualified teams
with good success rates.
Brian;
It is easy to forget how bad your PD is. Whwen your battery dies, it will be
an  eye-opening experience for you!

For those of us who are maxxed out on meds, DBS is the only option we have.
Properly done, it works and works well. It will turn the clock back on your
symptoms 10 years.

Charlie