Steve,
good point!
The origiinal research article is online on the BioMedCentral Neurology web site, and doesn't include this statement, that appears to have been added by the author of the magazine article about the research
"article: Pesticide exposure and risk of Parkinson's disease: A family-based case-control study"
But most importantly they are finding more evidence that pesticide exposure can be implicated in Parkinson's Disease, and hopefully lead to better preventive measures --someday
linda

-- Steve Rack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
At 1:46 AM +0000 12/1/08, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Environmental factors have also been implicated, particularly in
>light of the fact that the disease was mostly unknown prior to the
>industrial revolution (emphasis mine) but has become a common
>ailment since then.
I'm curious as to where this factoid comes from. I've also read that
folks in India have been treating PD with Mucuna Pruriens for
hundreds of years. This from Wikipedia:

--
Steve in VT