This is a long post (which I thought I posted last evening, but New Year's Eve is just as good)describing the purchase, download, installation and running of the program “Med. Interaktion Parkinson Ver 1.01” without knowing any German.

Go to

http://www.parkinson-vereinigung.de/

click on the link “Interaktiv/Bestellungen”

click on the link “kostenpflichtige Downloads”

select the box adjacent to “Software "Wechselwirkungen - Parkinson-Medikamente" für Windows PC”

at the bottom of the page click on “weiter”

to get a page showing a form offering “Software "Wechselwirkungen - Parkinson-Medikamente" für Windows PC”

then click on “weiter zu PayPal” to have your Paypal account debited Euro 2.5 (AU$5.24 tonight, anyway) once you go through whatever security you have on your PayPal account (if you have one of course).

When your payment is successful (which I can't show you without buying it a second time) you will be presented with another form with a German word that I presume means “download”; click on whatever it is to download “12_wechselwirkungen.zip”, an 8.5MB file. Once downloaded, unzip & install the file which places parkinson-ww in your program list. Click parkinson-ww to run it; I get an “invalid path or file name” error which I ignore. A klunky banner window opens, click on “weiter” to open a page that displays (English translation courtesy of Google's translation tools)

“Subsequent related documents on various topics are available upon successful payment process in PDF format for downloading.
Please check the documents requested by the hook in the drug therapy of Parkinson's disease is a combination therapy with several anti-Parkinson funds be given. In addition, the mostly elderly patients for other diseases have to take additional medication. Consequently, it is of utmost importance that the interaction, that is the reciprocal influence of the effects and side effects of Antparkinsonmittel and other medication for the treating physician but also for interested patients are known.

This interaction is to file the initiative of the German Parkinson Association, Mr Mehrhoff arisen and was headed by Dr. Fornadi, Medical Director of the Gertrudis clinics in the Parkinson's center-Leun Biskirchen and 1 Vositzender of Parkinson's Fördervervein eV in Leun zusammengestellt.

The data comes from their own experience and from the following sources:

IFAP index KLINIK, copyright IFAP GmbH, Booth Februari 2008
Product information of the various anti-Parkinson's funding
Therapy Tables: The main drug interactions Parkinson's and RLS Therapeutics, Markus Zieglmeier ISBN 14345975th

The file contains the anti-Parkinson Germany available resources and in the treatment of some commonly used drugs with their trade names. These can be selected and named after the relevant names on drug interactions will be investigated.

The declarations of the individual interactions are more for the doctor thought. Patients and family members who use this database, should comply with the treating physician to speak on the interactions and the medication does not change if the original. The listed interactions are part of theoretical significance. The ultimate decision of the treating physician because of their own experiences and the recognized and continually updated treatment guidelines, taking account of the interactions on the composition of the therapy.

The database was with the utmost diligence. Nevertheless, the accuracy and completeness can not be guaranteed. The user is asked, the author comments, corrections and additions by e-mail address: [log in to unmask] Party.

About the operation of the program, go to the "Help" to read.

Hopefully this database will be helpful to the user.

Dr. Ferenc Fornadi
Gertrudis Hospital Biskirchen - Parkinson Center

Promoter: Gertrudis Parkinson Clinic Center Ltd.
HRB 1281 Amtsgericht Wetzlar
Supervision: Government Bureau of Giessen
Geschäftsf.: Dr. Ferenc Fornadi, Katalin Fornadi

Address: Karl-Ferdinand-Broll-Strasse 2-4
35638 Leun-Biskirchen

Phone: 06473-305-8011
Fax: 06473-305-57
Internet: http://www.parkinson.de
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask] fully experienced problem.”

After having read this, tick the box next to “Die Hinweise habe ich gelesen” which according to Google translates as “the tips I have read” before clicking on “weiter”, other wise you see a nasty message in red. Then a window appears with a little box in the middle into which you type the first letter of the name of your favourite PD meds. For instance “S” produces a table listing goodies like selegilin, sifrol, sinemet, etc. Click on one such name, say Sifrol, and what appears to be the same search window appears, but this time “Enter the first letter of the 2nd active substance” for a list of meds that could be (?) taken in conjunction with Sifrol but the list is meaningless to me because I am unfamiliar with the meds (I'm in the Land of Oz & my PWP takes Sifrol & Sinemet CR), but for demonstration, I clicked on Selegilin and was shown the following message (Google translation)

“Using several anti-Parkinson resources of the effects but also the side effects to be strengthened.
Maybe a dose reduction is necessary.”

The program works although it looks like a Windows 3.1 application, and on Vista its window opens maximised without any controls available to see the desktop so should you have only one screen on your PC then you will need to switch between apps by clicking on the task bar at the bottom of your screen. And to close the program I need to use the Task Manager. With other versions of windows the program may be more user friendly. If, like me, you speak no German, you will need a window open showing Google's translation tool. Copy & paste or type the German words as you see fit. Please don't ask me for assistance to install this program; if you need to ask for more than  this slipshod description then you shouldn't attempt to install it.