RE numbers: the number I always hear is a million in the USA. Does anyone
know where this comes from and whether it is credible?

Re diagnosis: I don't know if this article was posted on the listserv, so
excuse me if it's already made the rounds.. One of the authors is my neuro.
I donated blood for the study.  :-)

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/574010_4

Possibe items for the wish list:

1. How about promoting awareness and understanding of the disease and its
impact? Most people think that just movement is affected.

2. Better understanding of how exercise and sensory stimulation influence
the disease?

3. Better assistive devices? The classic cane is just not very helpful,
IMHO.

4. A thorough investigation of what *really* happened with Amgen and GDNF!