My name is john Thomas.
I am Audrey's partner.
I was dx pd idiosyncratic in 1998 at age 48. I am  now 57.
Symptoms became uncontrollable by 2005 at a dose of 1800 mgms of levadopa(
125/250 ) blue pills mix was associated with various single agonists ranging
from comptan to selagaline at any one time.
Symptoms were controllable until 2005. After that I was basically getting
approximately 50% response, but not relief from the symptoms which  covered
all the kinesias and weakening speech problems.
Last resort prior to dbs was apomorphine which worked, but was
uncontrollable due to nausea.
I opted for DBS at age 56 last February 8 approx 1 year ago. The stimulator
was Medtronic, the operation was bilateral. The results were instantaneous
although not without concerns. It was not until I came to the states
approximately April 20077 that I received the appropriate settings for my PD
specific to me. Then the changes were truly remarkable. The only problem I
have associated to PD is weakened speech.
the only problem I have associated wit the dbs operation is lately ( and I
have been travelling a lot (5 times ) back to Australia ) my controller
turns off.
its occurred about 3 times so far and we are still unable to find the cause.
It s more a matte of letting sleeping dogs lie rather than a major concern.
 My neurology mentor is Sharon Jung , Tacoma Washington .
I would recommend her and he team above any others I have experienced, due
to the background of the teams expertise