From: John Bianchi <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 1:03:23 PM
Subject: intro from listserv newbie with a general question

Hello all.

  My name is John and I was recently diagnosed with onset PD at the age of 50..

  My symptons are currently minor (slight arm tremor during night, limited motion in a few fingers on left hand, loss of left arm swing while walking).

  I am coming out of the shock/denial stage and currently trying to educate myself on my new "life-partner".

  I have read several books recommended by the doctors and looked at several websites (including viartis.net/parkinsons).  Any general  recommendations ?

  My doctor would like me to start on a low-dose agonist (Mirapex) regime but after all I have read I am apprehensive about starting any drugs  ( I am somewhat scared of the side-effects and Viartis's implications that some of these drugs may make things worse in the long run)
  Am I overreacting ?  Any tips on pitfalls to avoid along this route?

  thank you all for your patience and consideration

  Peace to you all.

  John