I want to second what Rick said about making the most of the first few years after diagnosis.  This is a time you can still walk and talk and do things.  He's right, you're never going to feel this good again.

I was diagnosed in 1996 - in 1997 went to New Zealand/Australia and walked alone (no cane) to the Opera House and Sydney art museum from the hotel.  In 1999 my niece and I went to Egypt and I walked thru tombs, etc with cane.  Travel was always my great love and I should have done more of it when I could.  I could also write and do all kinds of stuff.

The only thing certain about PD is that it gets worse.  A time will come when you have to figure out how you are going to deal with the prison PD has put you in.  I try to do what I can still do, like use the computer to write and advocate for PD causes.

I guess I choose not to think too much about the end game as I don't want it to spoil today.  And something else may get me.  PD is not the only bad disease out there.

Taking it one day at a time.

Ray    you betcha!!!

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF