There is no way to truly know how many people have Parkinson's   without a
registry, and that is not welcome to many.  So many become  invisible(Joan
Samuelson's famous ("Invisible No More"), her theme for years,  as PAN founder.  We
began with 50 dedicated advocates  20 years ago,.and have progressed to the
huge organization we have  now.

People gravitate to their sanctuaries when the disease progresses that far,
and we loose contact, they pass away, either from Parkinson's or something
else.   They may have never seen a Neurologist, only  a GP with little
Parkinson's  experience, though, some  are very informed. I have done presentations at
hospitals where doctors have  commented, "I wasn't aware of that". Then you
deal with  Hippa  laws and information cannot be given out.  Support groups
can't contact  them, only if the doctor recommends a group......

Gerry
Chairman,  Lehigh Valley Support Group and Chapter -NPF and
Pennsylvania State  Coordinator.
Parkinson's Action Network
"Do something good for someone you  least like today."
St. Anthony of Padua
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)