Dr. Theresa Hyland wrote:

> This sounds wonderful to me, Tyler.  My schedule and duties don't allow
> for me to go to STLHE, but I consider myself a member of CWCA and would
> love to meet some of the other members!  Will you be at CASDW, Martin or
> Liesje?  Theresa.
>
> Tyler Tokaryk wrote:
>
>> To judge from the preliminary program, there are quite a few talks
>> focusing
>> on Writing Centres at CASDW. Perhaps we can arrange an "informal"
>> gathering
>> of CWCA folk who are attending CASDW?
>>
>> I know CWCA meets at STLHE and we don't want to disrupt that, but in the
>> interests of sharing ideas and meeting our peers, perhaps we can
>> arrange a
>> brief meeting of CWCA / Writing Centre people at Congress in the 3
>> days that
>> CASDW is meeting?  Martin / Liesje, any thoughts?
>>
>> I'll be at both STLHE and CASDW, so I'd be happy to arrange something at
>> CASDW on behalf of CWCA. Maybe a lunch or cocktails/coffee hour?
>>
>> -tt

>> Dr. Tyler Tokaryk, Lecturer
>> Coordinator of Writing Programs
>> Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre
>> Room 390, Hazel McCallion Academic Learning Centre
>> University of Toronto Mississauga
>> 3359 Mississauga Road North
>> Mississauga, ON  L5L 1C6
>>
>> Phone: 905-569-4408
>> Email: [log in to unmask]

Hello, everyone.

I am getting very confused, now. I seem to have forgotten what "CASDW"
stands for.... I myself was hoping that there was a chance that the CWCA
and Inkshed (if it's going to happen this year) were going to have
overlapping meetings this spring. In fact, I think I remember there
being discussions around that possibility this past fall. _ Is_ there
any such possibility? I want very much to meet with other members of the
Canadian Writing Centres Association, as I have never done so before.
But I was also holding out hope that Inkshed was going to rise,
sphinx-like, from the ashes ( unless, hopefully, I'm being too dramatic,
and Inkshed  is more alive and well than I'm thinking).

So...CWCA meets at STLHE (which is where, and when?), and some people
are hoping to see CWCA people at "CASDW" (whatever that is...)  What of
CWCA and Inkshed? Can someone please help me get myself untangled?

Ginny Ryan
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, Newfoundland