Seems like my night to forward bad news to REED-L and PERFORM. Again, this is
something many of you might have seen on SHAKSPER, but I thought that others
might want to know about the financial troubles being experienced by the
American Shakespeare Center. I know that many of us have enjoyed plays at the
Blackfriars Playhouse, attended conferences there, and experienced the thrill of
visits from the touring company of Shenandoah Shakespeare and its later
incarnations. It seemed liked a message worth posting again.

Gloria Betcher