device:

  First, congratulations Tom on approaching your device launch in a couple
of months! I hope it is of great help to many, many people. It is wonderful
to have different opportunities for people with Parkinsons available to
benefit from this breakthrough technology with each approach being more
suitable for different people.

  I believe this is not the proper place to post descriptions of products,
but since a claim was made against the validity of the GaitAid device as a
training tool in public, I feel that I must respond. This will be our only
post here. Any other questions or comments that come up on this subject can
be sent to us via our website.

Regarding the GaitAid device used as a training tool - The training sessions
and lasting improvement effect is something that was tested and seen in
clinical studies and these results have been published in the leading
neurological medical journals.

Most people who trained with the device in clinical studies have had a
lasting improvement to their walking. People who have purchased the device
to use at home are giving us the same feedback - they have a lasting
improvement - this is not true for everyone but we are getting the same
percentage of such feedback from customers as we've seen in clinical studies
-
over %70 of pwp.  We are not claiming anything that was not proven in
clinical research.

The reason the GaitAid device does produce a lasting effect, as opposed to
other devices, is because it is the only one to feedback (patented
technology) the person's motion. While using the device you get feedback
when you take a good step as well as feedback  when it's not a good step.
 When we started out developing the GaitAid it was also meant as an aid to
wear all day.  But, we learned that using the feedback approach does produce
a lasting effect and the improvement after use is usually even better than
the improvement during use.
We no longer pay attention during clinical studies to the effect during use
but look at the results after use.

  Another important issue for pwp and people in general - looking at the
ground and even leaning over some of the specialty walkers in the market
causes more problems with posture and this affects the whole body.  Walking
tall, looking straight ahead is the way to go. The GaitAid encourages this
and we see an improvement of posture with users.

  Regarding the audio feedback - we have found that the audio feedback (not
constant metronome like cues) also has a lasting effect which can be as
helpful by itself for some people as the visual cues.

In Conclusion- let's remember the goal.We are all working with a common aim
of producing a tool to improve pwp lives in the best way we each see. This
is not a competition nor can any one produce the right tool for all.

Sincerely, Audrey Holmes-Baram
MediGait Support