Kathleen,
Thank you (incidentally, what pretty feet you have!) for this - it gives
some insight to a cg.  I have noticed that my husband, Prem, is daunted by
some floors - polished marble definitely being one of them.  And, like you,
he likes floors that have clearly defined tiles.  He has a game of stepping
on lines as he walks.  The walking stick he uses seems to give him some
moral support when he has to traverse floors that are daunting.
Moneesha