> No, not rich and in good health, capitalism makes competition viable,
> insurance companies should have to be able to match benefits and
give you
> the  most for your money.  In Canada and other countries, you are on a
> waiting  list, no matter what, and if your turn doesn't come up in time,
> too  bad.   The government will decide who is need and who isn't, ask
>  anyone in Canada, etc. Here, Medicare is paying, Medicaid,  VA  is
paying,
> all kinds of help is available, take advantage of it.

I live in France and have not seen a waiting list. Before, i was in
Switzerland and i don't remember waiting lists either.
But I saw on BBC that some NGOs, more used to third world countries,
dispensing medical and dental care in the US for people who couldn't
afford an insurance and didn't qualify for Medicare ( or medicaid, I cannot
remember)
So far, Europe and its state assisted healthcare hasn't reached that point.
I don't think anyone has yet the best answer but i prefer ours

Maryse