Hi Victoria,

I co-edited a book called Disability and the Teaching of Writing that might be of interest -- it is available through Bedford St. Martin's press as a free professional resource.

This sounds like a really interesting project, and a very unique approach.

I'm also editing a special issue of the journal Open Words about disability, writing, and access -- perhaps this would be a place to publish about this experience (perhaps collaboratively with the group).  Let me know if you are interested and I'll send along more info.

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Assistant Professor of English
Coordinator, English 101
West Virginia University
114 Colson Hall
1503 University Avenue
PO BOX 6296
Morgantown, WV  26506-6296
304 685 3593 (cell)
304 293 9712 (office)
>>> Victoria Littman <[log in to unmask]> 03/26/09 2:06 PM >>>
Greetings,
I am looking for suggestions on some research.  I'm co-facilitating a women's writing support group for students registered with accessibility services.  We're using a workshop/support group format that includes free writing with and without prompts, academic writing time, and sharing of academic writing for response along with talk and support for each of these stages.

I'm presenting at STLHE but I'm also fascinated about how the gender specific writing support group is helping these women feel safe to explore their writing and writing issues and how in the process they may be renegotiating how they experience and think about disability.

Anybody got ideas about feminist composition projects that I should look at or relevant critical disabilities research that might help.  Suggestions and advice on research sources or similar projects would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
you can reply to me privately at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hope you are all fairing well with the term and that spring is on the way wherever you are.

Best,
Victoria

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/