I understand this bill passed the Senate, now it goes to House
Ray

Individual States Ready to Revoke The Stem Cell Ban Reversal?
March 11, 2009
US (ChattahBox) - While there has been a collective cheer within the medical
researcher community for President Obama's reversal of the stem cell ban put
in place by George W. Bush, there is some worry that individual states may
choose to revoke the decision.

The fear for limitations is currently being focused on Georgia, where a new
bill that would label an embryo as a person is set to go before the Senate
for an official vote. If passed, it could greatly influence the future of
stem cell research in all states, not only the one where the bill
originated.

While it isn't clear if the bill will reach the Senate as of yet, there is a
projected 85% chance of it getting there, although most don't believe it
will have as a great a chance of passing.

"If you shuck the corn and get down to what this bill really does, you're
defining when life starts," E. Culver Kidd, a medical lobbyist, said in a
recent statement.

Some have even gone so far as to say that Bill 169 would embarrass the state
of Georgia, and set Pro-Life activism back, with their back-door attempt to
redefine a complicated issue that has been debated for decades.
"I'm concerned that Georgia is putting politics ahead of science. We'll send
an unmistakable message that Georgia is an anti-science state," Sen. David
Adelman (D-Georgia) commented about the bill.

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF