Aside from all the jokes, do we know whether this intends to be  investigated
in humans and if there is no one on the horizon to do it, how do we  promote
the investigation?

Paul H. Lauer

In a message dated 3/16/2009 2:02:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the best news:>)
Sign  him up...

Pd Alan & cg Patti Zapf

-----Original  Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange  Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of  [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 2:36 PM
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Parkinson's Cure May Lie In The  Nose

so - cure lies next to catarrh ?  :)

Quoting Nic  Marais <[log in to unmask]>:

>  Newsclip from Northwest  Parkinson's Foundation.
>
> I see in Oz PWP's run in circles  ;-)
>
> Nic 57/15
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> oneindia - A new study from Griffith University suggests that  Parkinson's
> patients' nose may harbour a cure for the disease.
>
> During the study, the researchers harvested adult stem cells from  the
noses
> of Parkinson's patients and injected them into the rats  with Parkinson's
> symptoms.
>
> They found that this gave  rise to dopamine producing brain cells when
> transplanted.
>
> Director of the university's National Adult Stem Cell Research  Centre,
Alan
> Mackay-Sim, said researchers simulated Parkinson's  symptoms in rats by
> creating lesions on one side of the brain similar  to the damage caused in
> human brains.
>
> "The lesions to  one side of the brain made the rats run in circles,"
> News.com.au  quoted Professor Mackay-Sim, as saying.
>
> "When stem cells from  the nose of Parkinson's patients were cultured and
> injected into the  damaged area the rats re-acquired the ability to run in
> straight  line.
>
> "All animals transplanted with the human cells had a  dramatic reduction in
> the rate of rotation within just three weeks,"  he added.
>
> The researchers believe that with the new finding  they were in the on the
> verge to finding a cure for Parkinson's, a  debilitating disease which
> includes loss of muscle control caused by  the degeneration of cells that
> produce the essential chemical dopamine  in the brain.
>
> The current drug therapies often become less  effective after prolonged
use.

>  http://www.nwpf.org/News.aspx?Item=2737

>  To sign-off Parkinsn send a message  to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]

This  mail sent through  http://www.ukonline.net

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff  parkinsn

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219850974x1201371016/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)