Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF

Steve and Lindy,

I wanted to let you know we successfully processed the recent cord blood
sample (received Wednesday).  This was a very special sample because we just
purchased a new device that isolates and purifies the most powerful stem
cells (CD34 stem cells) from cord blood.  This was our first time using this
device and as always running something for the first time can be difficult.
We were in the lab till about 9PM last night but in the end we found we had
isolated a large number of CD34 stem cells from the cord blood sample.
Wešre now using a new cell culture solution that should cause the CD34 stem
cells to grow and increase in number by about 200 fold.  Again a new method
but wešre hopeful this will provide us with a tremendously large number of
these powerful stem cells for our experiments in changing stem cells into
neurons.

Again thanks for your help and please pass this information on to the donor
couple because without their donation we would have had to delay these
important experiments.

Regards,
Craig
Craig Cady, Ph.D.