Please help out. It only takes a few minutes to send an email to your Representative in Congress.

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: "Parkinson's Action Network" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Help Secure Funding for Defense Parkinson's Research Program!
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:05:42 -0400 (EDT)

Help Secure Funding for Defense Parkinson's Research Program!E-mail your Representative Today!Take Action!

House Dear Colleague Deadline March 30 Please ask your Representative to support the only Parkinson's specific research program in the Federal government by signing onto the Neurotoxin Exposure Treatment Parkinson's Research (NETPR) program Dear Colleague.

The NETPR program, created in 1997 by Congressman Joe McDade, is national, peer-reviewed granting program that examines how to best protect our military personnel from toxic substances, head injury, and other known contributors to Parkinson’s disease.  In addition to helping protect our soldiers, research breakthroughs in prevention, detection, and treatment are immediately applied to the broader Parkinson’s disease community.

Every year, the Parkinson's community fights to fund the Department of Defense NETPR program by securing congressional support through a Dear Colleague letter, led by the Bicameral Congressional Caucus on Parkinson's Disease.  Funding for the NETPR program is determined, in large part, by the number of congressional signatures on this letter.  The deadline to secure signatures on the House Dear Colleague is next Monday, March 30!

Last week, over three hundred Parkinson’s advocates stormed Capitol Hill to gain support for the NETPR program and our other initiatives.  Help reinforce our community’s message by e-mailing your own message to your Representative today!  “Take Action” at:
http://capwiz.com/pan/issues/alert/?alertid=13001926&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

 and our system will provide you with a written e-mail specific to your Member of Congress. Take Action!

The following Members have already signed onto the House Dear Colleague:  Boswell, Brown, Burton, Delahunt, Gordon, Griffith, Hare, Heinrich, King, Klein, C. Lee, Maloney, McDermott, McIntyre, Pascrell, Paul, Peterson, D. Price, Schakowsky, Sestak, L. Smith, Taylor, Upton, Van Hollen, and Wu.  If your Representative has already signed on, please take a moment to thank them for their commitment to the NETPR program at the same URL above