I agree. One needs to feel part of the "conversation." In my previous
participation and current observations, I've noticed a divide between,
as Jim so aptly puts, "previous" and "next" generation conversations.
Collegiality is a wonderful thing; however, it can inadvertantly
create boundaries...but, then, I venture into the fascinating area of
discourse analysis. For what it's worth, Gloria Michalchuk

Gloria Michalchuk, Ph.D.
Dept. of Secondary Education
780-492-3674
University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB