Hello all.  I'm new to the list and haven't gotten around to
introductions yet.  I'm 66 and was dx'd with PD about a year ago.  So
far my symptoms are only mild tremor, mainly in my right hand, a few
elsewhere.  I'm taking Azilect and CoQ10 in the hopes that progress
can be slowed.

I'm writing at this time to raise the question of Lyme Disease, and
Borellia infection.  I recently heard some anecdotal discussions of a
possible connection between LD and PD.  I realize this is
controversial.  It's not clear if if LD causes PD or mimics it (which
may be the same thing), or if there's any connection at all.  Even the
issue of a chronic form of Borrelia infection seems to be under
animated discussion, especially without a history of acute infection.
There certainly are people with chronic persistent symptoms after
acute LD, including neurological symptoms.  Possible associated
diseases which may be realted to LD include Parkinson's, Alzheimer's,
ALS, MS....And then there's the whole issue of treatment, another can
of worms (or spirochetes).

Anyway, I'm wondering what thoughts, insights, or links folks might
have regarding this.  I'm attaching one link, just as a for instance.

Thanks,
Rick Ferber

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_252/ai_n6110580/