Like many of you, I am losing my ability to type. Unfortunately, I'm also losing my ability to speak much of the time. However, I have been using voice recognition software to type what, otherwise, would be extremely difficult. I am somewhat mumbling now, but the voice recognition software I'm using is doing a great job.

I started using voice recognition software about 10 years ago before I found out that I had Parkinson's. I have tried it since then with newer versions of voice recognition software, but I found that it made so many errors that it was not worthwhile.

In the last few months, Nuance Corporation, introduced version 10 of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It works extremely well compared to prior versions. I don't know how well it would do if I could speak more clearly. Dragon NaturallySpeaking is for Windows

For you Mac users, there is Mac's Speech Dictate. It is also an excellent program.

Both programs come with a hefty price, around $200, but for me it's worth it. Both come with headsets, though I would replace the one that comes with Dragon NaturallySpeaking for USB headset. MacSpeech Dictate comes with USB headset.