Dear Meg and others on REED-L and PERFORM,

The old MRDS Toisondor BYU site is no longer being updated. The MRDS
site has, indeed, moved to
<http://mrds.eserver.org/>http://mrds.eserver.org, but Jesse, Gerard,
and I are still in the process of getting rid of extraneous, outdated
HTML code on the pages that were migrated from the old site. As those
pages get updated, they will be appearing as menu links on the new
site. For the time being, the Google search box on the new site will
allow you to search for anything you'd like to find, including the
old newsletter items or conference sessions (just be aware that the
old newsletter items include a series of outdated, opening links that
we are in the process of removing--scroll down to find content
links). This search option allows much more searchability than we
have had previously, and the content management system that we have
employed on the new site will allow multiple editors and contributors
to post and discuss in the space. The site is deceptively basic in
design at this time (we hope to change that in the future, too), but
it has many more user-friendly features and more functionality than
the old site.

At present, you can find the Fall 2008 newsletter, information about
awards (which will soon be updated to include the 2009 award winners'
information), and information on dues. The dues payment options are
still problematic; we're working to get the payment buttons fixed as
soon as possible.  We will be having several discussion boards that
will allow posting by members. We are also going to be creating a new
pedagogy area, which will include syllabi, assignments, photos, and
other mulitmedia resources contributed by users (we hope!). We will
be letting the users of REED-L and PERFORM know when that space is
available for contributions.

In the meantime, if any of you out there in thre virtual MRDS/early
drama community are interested in contributing to the pegagogy pages
or learning more about the options for creative use of our new site,
please email me at <[log in to unmask]>. Suggestions for new areas
or pages for the site are welcome, especially if someone would like
to help develop those resources.

I hope we'll be able to bring you a completed site soon.

Best,
Gloria Betcher