Hi folks,
About the mucuna -
We visited an Ayurvedic doctor last year because I wanted Prem to start on
mucuna (it is called kapikachhu in Sanskrit and is an ancient Ayurvedic
remedy for Parkinson's).  After he had seen Prem's current dosage of l-dopa,
the doctor decided against starting him on it.  He also told us that he had
a patient who had felt so good after the mucuna that he had increased his
dosage unilaterally.  The result was the same sort of problems (chiefly
dyskynesias) that come with synthetic l-dopa.  I am just mentioning this so
that you can keep in mind that l-dopa, even from natural sources has side
effects.  Prem is on other Ayurvedic meds that are helping him.
Moneesha
Calcutta, India