-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of rayilynlee
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question re Amantadine use

John

I am sending your question to the List because I think there are quite a few
folks who have used Amantadine.  I never have, so I don't know much about
it.  I'm thinking you just won't know until you try it - at least that has
been my experience with Sinemet  -  it helped on the first dose but never
again even though I tried it again twice after taking it for a year several
years ago.  Mirapex and Requip, Comtan and Stalevo didn't help either, but
DBS stopped my tremors.  I read somewhere that DBS was
the only thing that would help tremor.

Good luck, Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF