From: rayilynlee [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 6:54 PM
To: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
Cc: [log in to unmask]; Scott E Antes
Subject: Re: DBS after Two Years

Scott and Laureen:

Several months after I had my DBSs in summer of 2003 I started having
trouble speaking.  My neuro says it is due to the DBS and it has
gradually gotten worse.  I feel like I am strangling when I speak.   I'm
sorry to hear that Laureen is having the same trouble.

 I too have a hard time getting around and have to force myself to go out
now.  I don't take any meds.  I got worse after my fall last year.  I'm
finally trying to get back to the treadmill again because that helped me
walk better before.  I have to be so careful l don't fall again, my balance
is awful. I will "walk" in my pool when it heats up and am thinking about
getting a stationary bike as studies show that helps.  Does Laureen have an
exercise program?

The DBS was worth it as the tremors drove me nuts, my ocular migraines are
gone, and I am never depressed despite everything.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF