Hey John

I've been on Amantadine since being diagnosed in October of last
year; dosage has remained constant and titrated from 100mg to 300mg
per day, over an initial period of 3 weeks.

I space the dosing about 5-ish hours apart; I've found if the final
dose of 100mg is taken later than 8PM, I have trouble sleeping
through the night.

It does give me an energy boost and some minor relief from muscle
tightness, but does nothing to improve gait or reduce tremor. It's
sort of just a little bit of "gas" for your "engine."

On the other hand, I find it causes auditory hallucinations,
drowsiness, occasional vertigo, foggy thought processing and swelling
around the knees.

I find much better results on GSH and mucuna bean, which I started
about 6 months ago (the mucuna has been a very recent thing, so it's
been too early to tell – but so far, I'm definitely impressed). My
neuro practically lit his own hair on fire when I told him, but he
couldn't deny the results of the GSH.

The goal is to be able to cut the amantadine by 35 - 50% within 6
months. My view is the longer I stay away from starting the agonists,
the better.

Hope that helps.

Joh