Hi Alan,

Prem is on three Ayurvedic medicines, prescribed by his doctor who is
trained in this system of medicine.  Each medicine has several components.
The medicines have long and rather unpronounceable Sanskrit names, but for
what it is worth, here are the names.

   - Manasamitravatakam - he takes two pills at night.  This was prescribed
   for him because he was having rather terrifying nightmares.  He sleeps much
   more peacefully ever since he started on this in late November.  A few weeks
   ago when the dreams started again, his other doctor suggested reducing his
   night dose of l-dopa/carbidopa and that helped.  He is back to sleeping
   peacefully.
   - Manarajaprasarini Tailam - He takes two capsules each after lunch and
   dinner
   - Dhanvantaram (101) - He takes two capsules in the morning and two in
   the evening.  These last two are for strengthening the nervous system - one
   for the structure and the other for the functioning, if I remember
   correctly.

I have no idea how they work, but they are helping Prem and so I am
content.  The capsules and pills are made by the Arya Vaidya Sala in Kerala
in south India.  Here is their website, where I think you have to register
and log in before you get any real information.

www.*aryavaidyasala*.com/

All the best,
Moneesha