I realize that camptocormia* is a very rare condition and most on the
list know not of it. But I have become quite debilitated by it. Being
bent over at the trunk(waist)has had the effect of crunching my lungs
making it difficult to breathe ergo exercise becomes more of a pain
than a help.

Like someone else here said, "As though Parkinson's was not enough,
now we have to deal with this complication. My neuro is the chief at
one of Montreal's largest hospitals (JGH) and only has seen three
other cases. This means that no researcher is likely to follow through
and find an avenue that might give me/me some relief and a light at
the end of the tunnel.

I live alone and am beginning to wonder when my freedom -- rather
restricted now but still... -- will be taken away and I will assisted
care. Right now it takes me over an hour to  dress  meself. Bummer.

Please excuse this note which has a small constituency but I intend to
post once every little while, perhaps monthly, to see if anyone has
found anything that helps alleviate this. I am told that DBS is
useless as are other PD solutions.

To end this on an upbeat note, we in Montreal are glorying in the warm
spring and lots of sunshine as well as ever longer says. Makes a
difference. Nobody appreciate the new foliage and verdant flora and
fauna than a Montrealer after our harsh winters.

Enjoy the Spring and Summer, friends because winter follows! (I had a
friend from a warm climate who claimed that the four seasons in
Montreal were, "Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Construction!
The latter refers to the fact that road repair must be done in the
months without snow and ice and inclement weather.

Murray, who can be found pushing a walker through Westmount Park in
another few hours.

*Camptocormia [from the Greek words; kamptos (to bend) and kormos
(trunk) is characterized by an abnormal posture of the trunk; the
condition involves forced thoracic-lumbar flexion that increases
during walking and/or standing and disappears in the recumbent
position (i.e. lying in bed)