Though we are quiet conservatives, with a daughter who is a Christian
Pastor, Sue and I sent a comment today to NIH, generally copy-pasting one of
you great writers:

"As a person with Parkinson's Disease, I urge the NIH to make sure that
Embryonic stem cell research is funded and encouraged. I would further hope
that the NIH will remove the barriers to embryonic stem cell research and
accelerate this research to overcome the delays caused by the policies of
the last administration.
I would also encourage you to remove barriers to research on stem cell lines
developed from sources other than surplus embryos from in-vitro
fertilization at fertility clinics. Stem cells developed by parthenogenesis
and using Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer should be funded.

And I would hope that you would encourage research that can be quickly
transferred to those who are currently suffering to decrease their pain and
increase their independence.

I appreciate your consideration of my suggestions and I look forward to a
time when, as a result of embryonic stem cell research, diseases such as
Parkinson's, juvenile diabetes and paralysis due to spinal cord trauma can
be reduced or eliminated.

Thank you for your consideration"