Kathleen

2 things:

1.    write to NIH to comment on proposed NIH guidelines supporting funding
of extra IVF embryos, SCNT, grandfather clause

2.    call or email your congressional rep today asking them to  sign on
(support) Castle -DeGette "Dear Colleague" letter supporting new NIH
guidelines and stem cell research.  The form PAN sent out has a way to get
your rep phone number.  We just got this action-alert yesterday afternoon
with a deadline of today!!!  Castle and DeGette are  the reps who sponsored
pro-ESCR legislation vetoed by Bush.

Getting extra IVF embryos is a part of what we want - the compromise.  We
may not even get that if people don't respond.  I was stunned to  learn the
opposition was opposing ALL embryonic stem cell research and most of the
comments so far  opposed ESCR.

Yesterday I emailed my rep, Trent Franks, and today called his office asking
that he sign the "Dear Colleague" letter.

I know this is confusing, so please email me if this doesn't help.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF